Learn why Board Exams for ICSE Class 9 and ISC Class 11 are important
The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) has decided to prepare Question Papers in the core subjects for Classes IX and XI from the academic year 2018-19 onward.
These papers will be utilized by all its affiliated schools internally in the Annual Examinations.
Two sets of question papers will be prepared for each of these levels, one for the hill schools to be conducted in November/December and the other for the plain schools to be conducted in February / March.
The Council has decided to take this momentous step keeping in mind the following objectives:
- To maintain a uniformity in all its affiliated schools across India and abroad regarding the syllabus to be completed at the Class 9 and Class 11 level. This will help to streamline and strengthen our examination system further.
- To ensure a proportionate portion of the syllabus is duly covered in each of the two year course and that there is no over-burdening of the students at any particular level. As due weightage will be given to all chapters/units in the bifurcated syllabus, this will discourage cramming.
- To standardize the level of teaching and learning in all Council affiliated schools across India and abroad. This will ensure comprehensive learning at each level.
- To synchronize the syllabus with the examination system and to familiarize the students with the pattern and format of the Examination Question Papers for the Board Examinations.
- To ensure the proper dissemination of knowledge at each level and encourage the ease of the transfer of knowledge from the teacher to the taught.
The nuances related to the implementation and other details are being worked upon and shall be intimated to the schools by CISCE.